- Leads all aspects of library operations, including vision setting, policy development, coordination and planning of services, management and identification of fiduciary resources such as budget and grant/contract opportunities, and evaluation of operations, resources, and services.
- Stewards a financial budget of $4 million.
- Cultivates relationships and collaborations with primary communities served throughout the UAMS system, the community, the state, and regionally.
- Leads library departments: Education and Research Services, Historical Research Center and Resource Management, Access Services, and Administration.
- Provides guidance and mentorship for library faculty in scholarship, professional development, and promotion.
- Promotes inclusive environment and service.
- Participates in SCAMeL, RML/SCRG, MLA and SCC/MLA, Arkansas Library associations, and consortia.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Advanced degree in information science, health/biomedical sciences, or education
- At least five years of experience successfully leading an academic library and/or a health science information or education unit
- Well-developed emotional intelligence with exceptional facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in leadership, management, supervision, budgeting, and mentoring
- Knowledge of key issues, emerging technologies, and best practices in education and librarianship
- Record of active professional participation and leadership
- Degree from an ALA-accredited graduate school
- Experience in obtaining and developing grants and other funding resources
- Membership in the Medical Library Association’s Academy of Health Information Professionals
Preferred Personal Characteristics
- Passion for excellence and a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Capacity to embrace change with appropriate respect for culture and tradition
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Motivator and mentor capable of developing strong teams and developing others
- Unquestioned personal integrity
Applications will be sought until the position is filled. Applications should be submitted through Workday.
Nominations and applicant inquiries can be sent to Robert Moore via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 501-686-7272.
Written nominations, inquiries, and applications (including emails) may be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.