After-Hours Access to the UAMS Library
Students click here for information about after-hours access.
UAMS clinical faculty, house staff and residents who are “on-duty” in the hospital may gain access to the UAMS Library after-hours to used printed information resources related to patient care emergencies. Examples of eligible persons include Emergency Room and Poison Control Center faculty. This access is intended to support clinical care only, and is not available for non-clinical research or study by students and non-clinical employees.
In order to provide a secure environment for the faculty and for the library collections, equipment and facility, the following procedures should be followed for after-hours access:
1. Call Security to unlock the door.
2. Present valid UAMS ID to UAMS Police and explain the emergency nature of the need to enter the Library.
3. Sign in on the log sheet at the circulation desk, noting time of entrance. UAMS Police will either stay while materials are retrieved and lock the door at exit or return within 15 minutes to escort the individual out of the library and secure the door.
4. Retrieve needed materials. Photocopy articles or check out books following the instructions at the Circulation Desk
Journals may not be checked out. Photocopiers are available on the first floor of the Library for copying journal articles or pages from books. There is an on-off switch on the right side of each machine and it takes approximately two minutes for the machine to warm up. Copies cost 10 cents each, and the machines will take coins, dollar bills or VendaCards.
If books need to be checked out, cards are available at the circulation desk to record which books are being taken. No more than ten books per person can be checked out at a time and must be returned within two weeks. A late fee of $1 per day per item will be assessed after the due date.
5. Note time on the log sheet at the circulation desk when leaving the Library with UAMS Police.
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
4301 W. Markham Street #586, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
Reference | 501-686-6734 | LibraryReferenceDesk@uams.edu
Circulation | 501-686-5980 | LibraryCircDesk@uams.edu
All contents © 2000-2011