Contact email@example.com or 501-686-6734 for help finding health information or to schedule a class at your library or organization.
Services for Arkansas Health Professionals
- Find the Regional Center Library that serves your county.
- DynaMed – FREE evidence based clinical reference tool. Registration is required. Training is available through the Regional Center Libraries and the UAMS Library. Register here.
- Free individual or group training classes for PubMed, medical websites for nurses, and patient education resources
- Biomedical literature searches or search assistance (fees may apply)
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery (fees may apply)
- Loansome Doc – Ordering articles when searching PubMed (fees may apply)
General Health Information
- Health Literacy Toolkit - Resource for Health Literacy and easy-to-understand health information.
- MedlinePlus – The consumer health information website from the National Library of Medicine for patients, families, and friends. Also available in Spanish/Espanol.
- Pillbox – National Library of Medicine’s website for identifying unknown drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Genetics Home Reference – National Library of Medicine’s website for information about genetic conditions and the genes or chromosomes related to genetic conditions.
- HealthFinder.gov – U.S. Government website with links to online publications, clearinghouses, databases, support groups and not-for-profit organizations.
- Disaster Information Management Research Center – National Library of Medicine’s website for disaster health information.
- PubMed – Links to current research citations, abstracts, systematic reviews, and full-text articles.
- ClinicalTrials.gov – Registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the U.S. and around the world.
- MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care (AFMC) – Arkansas-based nonprofit corporation dedicated to the clinical evaluation and improvement of healthcare.
- Drug Information Portal – National Library of Medicine’s website for drug information.
- HealthCare.gov – Locate health insurance, learn about illness prevention, and compare healthcare providers.
- Medicaid – Pays for medical services for needy and low income persons. Also see enrollment information.
- Medicare – Pays for medical services for adults 65 and older and disabled persons. Also see enrollment information.
Children and K-12 School Students
- KidsHealth – Sections for parents, children, and teens. Provided by The Nemours Foundation’s Center for Children’s Health Media.
- K-12 Science and Health Education – U.S. Department of Health & Human Services working with teachers and scientific experts to provide free reliable resources to introduce, reinforce, and supplement education programs.
- ToxMystery – Toxie the Cat helps kids find the hazards hidden in each room and offers hints when needed. When all the risky spots in the house have been discovered, Toxie dances and celebrates and players can print a personalized certificate of completion.
- Poison Control Center – Call 1-800-222-1222 for emergency poisoning, infectious disease, and public health emergency information.
- Household Products Database – Links over 6,000 consumer brands to health effects from Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and allows scientists and consumers to research products based on chemical ingredients.
- RadTown USA – Information about sources of radiation.
- Tox Town – An introduction to toxic chemicals and environmental health risks you might encounter in everyday life.