Arkansas Health Professionals
The UAMS Library and UAMS Regional Center Libraries work together to provide many health information services, training, and resources for free or at reduced costs to Arkansas health professionals.
The UAMS Library supports health professionals in Pulaski County with the following services:
- Access to all digital and print collections when they are in the Library
- Circulation privileges for the print collection. (Please register here)
- The Library website provides information, links, and guides for using online resources, including many that are free.
- Research and clinical search services
- Request a literature search
- Request a training session
- Ask a question or request information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-686-6734)
Regional Center Libraries located throughout Arkansas provide services to Arkansas Health Professionals based on the county in which the reside and work.
Top Free Resources for Arkansas Health Professionals
1. PubMed and Free Full-text Articles
- more than 24 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books
- some full-text articles are available for free and are identified in the citation
- search can be focused to search for free full-text articles only
2. If full-text article is not available online for free
- your Regional Center Library may provide the article free of charge
- check with your local public library or educational institution
- UAMS Library’s Interlibrary Loan Department provides articles to Arkansas healthcare professionals in Pulaski county for a small fee
- consumer health information website from the National Library of Medicine (NIH) for patients, families, and the public.
- Also available in Spanish and other languages
- Registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the US and around the world
5. Mobile Apps
- UAMS Library maintains a listing of mobile apps especially selected for medical professionals
Additional Recommended Free Online Resources
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care (AFMC) – Arkansas-based nonprofit corporation dedicated to the clinical evaluation and improvement of healthcare.
- Disaster Information Management Research Center – National Library of Medicine’s website for disaster health information.
- Drug Information Portal – National Library of Medicine’s website for drug information.
- Genetics Home Reference – National Library of Medicine’s website for information about genetic conditions and the genes or chromosomes related to genetic conditions.
- Health Literacy Toolkit – Resource for Health Literacy and easy-to-understand health information.
- HealthFinder.gov – U.S. Government website with links to online publications, clearinghouses, databases, support groups and not-for-profit organizations.
- MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
- UAMS Library eResources – Complete listing of resources suggested by UAMS Librarians. (*) denotes free resources.
- UAMS Library Historical Research Center digital collections – Search a selection of materials, including photographs, related to the history of UAMS and the health sciences in Arkansas.