Interlibrary Loan Policies
Policy for CAHP (Central Arkansas Health Professionals)
The Interlibrary Loan department provides service to Central Arkansas Healthcare Professionals in Pulaski county.
The fee for Interlibrary Loan requests is $5.00 per item. The fee to pull, copy and send an article to you within our collection is also $5.00 per item.
Current UAMS students and Graduate Students receive their first 20 Interlibrary Loan items FREE of charge.
All other Arkansas Healthcare Professionals will need to contact their local Regional Center Library. Interlibrary Loan staff can provide you with a phone number and contact person for the library in your area. Please call us at 501-686-6744 or email us at LibraryInterlibraryLoan.
The library charges University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Faculty, Staff and Students a flat fee of $5.00 to obtain an article or book. The library will pay up to $30.00 to the lending library to obtain the article or book for you. Any costs above the $30.00 will be your responsibility in addition to the $5.00 flat fee.
Fees for Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) requests are paid for by ACH and UAMS Department of Pediatrics through annual contract for Library services. The library will also pay up to $30.00 to the lending library to obtain an article or book for ACH requests. Any costs above the $30.00 will be their responsibility.
The library charges Central Arkansas Healthcare Professionals a flat fee of $10.00 to obtain an article or book. The library will pay up to $30.00 to the lending library to obtain the article or book for you. Any costs above the $30.00 will be your responsibility in addition to the $10.00 flat fee.
RUSH processing is available. RUSH charges are $20.00 + 5.00 Interlibrary Loan fee. If you need an article that we do not own within 24 hours and are willing to pay the RUSH fee please indicate that in the note field of your ILLiad request. Also, please call the Interlibrary Loan office at 501-686-6744 and let us know you have submitted a RUSH request.
Normal turn around time for obtaining articles is 2-4 days. Articles will be delivered electronically to your email box unless the lending library sends us a hard copy through the mail.
The eDD service for items held in the UAMS Library collection is available to all UAMS faculty, staff and students holding active UAMS domain accounts.
1. Cost of service for article or chapter:
$0.10 per page plus $1.00 service charge
• $0.10 per page plus $1.00 service charge plus $5.00 rush charge for delivery within 4 hours.
• Rush service is available only from 7:30 am until 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Please contact the Circulation Division if you have submitted rush requests. 686- 5980.
• Rush service is not available evenings and weekends or holidays.
• Rush service is not available for items published prior to 1966.
2. All requests must be submitted through ILLiad
3. Turn around time for request for materials in the Library:
• Article requested Monday/delivered Tuesday
• Article requested Tuesday/delivered Wednesday
• Article requested Wednesday/delivered Thursday
• Article requested Thursday/delivered Friday
• Article requested Friday/delivered Monday
• Articles requested on Saturday/Sunday/delivered Tuesday
4. Turn around time for requests for materials printed prior to 1966:
• Article requested Monday/delivered Wednesday
• Article requested Tuesday/delivered Thursday
• Article requested Wednesday/delivered Friday
• Article requested Thursday/delivered Monday
• Article requested Friday/delivered Tuesday
• Article requested Saturday/Sunday/delivered Wednesday
• Interdepartmental account/transfer
• Cash or check
ACH Faculty and Staff, Central Arkansas Healthcare Professionals and the General Public needing information about document delivery services for materials at UAMS, click here.
Policy for Loansome Doc
Loansome Doc is the electronic delivery ordering system for PubMed users. For assistance with the Loansome Doc registration process: Call 501-686-6744 or click here. Arkansas Department of Health and UAMS College of Pharmacy Preceptors click here for information regarding Loansome Doc.