Info for New Residents
Residents with a current UAMS ID badge can access the library 24/7 in the first floor reference area and lounge. Call campus police for access to other areas of the Library (journal stacks, etc.) at 501-686-7777.
Computing and Wireless Access
Computers with Internet and Microsoft Office programs are available on all floors
- Wi-Fi access available via “UamsGuest” and “UAMS” (UAMS username and password required)
- Call the Help Desk at 501-686–8555 to reset your password.
Many databases are available for searching the journal literature, evidence-based medicine literature, medical images, textbooks, clinical guidelines, and more.
We offer free literature searching and research consultations. Learn about the Research and Clinical Search Services program.
Quiet and Group Study Areas
- Group study areas, vending machines, current newspapers – First floor
- Carrels for independent study – Second and third floors
- Study rooms for group work – Second and third floor on the West side of the building (first come first serve basis). Each room contains a white board and enough space for a small group. These rooms are also equipped with a large screen monitor that can be connected to a laptop via HDMI or VGA cable provided.
Printing and Photocopying
A reusable copy card is available for purchase at the Circulation desk on the 1st floor of the library, for $1 (includes 5 copies). A $1 and $5 bill changer is also available.
- Photocopying – $.10/page
- Computer Printing – $.10/page
- Computer Color Printing – $.20/page
Mobile Device Services
Assistance is available for most devices during the week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Clinical applications like UpToDate are available through the Library web site. Please visit the Mobile Devices page for details and a list of other helpful applications.
Laptops are available for check-out for 2 hours, in-library use only. Request a laptop in the Academic Affairs Student Success Center on the 3rd floor. A UAMS ID badge is required.
Books on the 3rd floor are searchable in the online catalog and available for circulation. Books circulate for three weeks and may be renewed once. Fines for overdue books are $1.00 per day.
Academic Affairs Student Success Center
The AASSC is located on the third floor of the Library and is available to UAMS faculty, staff, and students to support educational advancement. There is a Writing & Presentation Center, Peer Tutoring, faculty and student laptop support and a Testing Center with window of opportunity and special needs exam administration. For more information see the AASSC page under Library Info.
End of Residency? Information for Health Professionals
Staying in Arkansas? Each state belongs to one of 8 regions in the U.S. and each region has a Regional Medical Library. These libraries can guide you to a local Resource Library offering document delivery and other library services to Health Care Professionals. To find your Regional Medical Library: call 1-800-338-7657 from a telephone in your new locale. This number will check the area code from which you are calling and automatically direct your call to the proper Regional Library.