Guide to Literature in Public Health
- Public Health in Arkansas Communities Search (PHACS). Also see their Training Document
- Arkansas Department of Health
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services - Systematic reviews covering public health policy and program interventions
- MedlinePlus - Disease and drug information and patient education materials from the National Library of Medicine
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce - Portal of links to public health resources on the web
- Arkansas Census QuickFacts
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- TOXNET - Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.
Writing and Citing
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Direct Quotes or Paraphrasing
- Style Manuals
- RefWorks - An online citation managment tool used to create a personal database of literature and online resource citations.
Course Quick Links
Web of Science (Science Citation Index Expanded. Social Science Citation Index. See our eTech@Noon training session on Web of Science) Includes literature in public health, political science, anthropology, urban studies and more.
Journal literature related to psychosocial aspects of health and mental illness.
SocIndex with Full-Text
Literature related to society and health.
Mental Measurements Yearbook
Critical reviews and descriptive information of published, standardized tests covering education, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas. Guide to Searching
Academic Search Elite - Multidisciplinary database of literature.
Legal Collection - Includes 260 law journals.
Business Source Elite - Business journals dating back to 1985.
Search topics related to elementary, secondary, and higher education literature.
WorldCat - FirstSearch
Includes databases for searching dissertations, conference papers and proceedings.
Search Journals owned by the Library
Search and browse eJournals by title. If there is not a match, search our print journal collection.
All print journals are listed in the UAMS Library online catalog and are located alphabetically by journal title on the 2nd (1990 – present) and 3rd (1989 – 1966) floors. Journals older than 1966 are stored outside the library and can be requested: Storage Item Request Form.
Search for Books owned by the Library
See sections for public health, biostatistics, etc. Some examples are:
Guide to Culturally Competent Health Care
Understanding Health Policy
Priorities in Health
Global Burden of Disease and Risk Factors
Basic & Clinical Biostatistics
Search the UAMS Library online catalog by book title or broad topic such as:
health manag* (truncation symbol *; looks for manage, managing, management)
Fines for overdue books are $1.00 per day per book. Many public health textbooks are available for check-out in the book collection. Search by title in the online catalog.