Asking for Permission
Publisher's Web site Online Permission Form
If there is no permission form on the publisher's web site or if you are asking permission from an author, a letter can be directed to the publisher or author that includes information on your expected use.
- Give information on your role at UAMS such as faculty member, instructor in a course, a course director
- Describe material(s) for which permission is asked such as Table 2.3; image 4.2, chapter title; journal article title, pages of a book; section of web site
- Define right for which you are asking permission such as distribution as a printed handout, downloadable from web site (protected by password?); distribution via DVD or CD
- Give specific lengths or periods of time such as for the year
- Describe specific locations or disciplines such as College of Medicine, pediatrics clerkship, M1s. Be prepared to give numbers of students