Jon Goodell, MA, AHIP
Reference and Outreach Librarian
Jon pictured (right) with NLM Director Dr. Don Lindberg and Mark Hopkins of OUHSC (center).
- South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association Awards and Scholarships Committee
- Arkansas Health Literacy Partnership Member
- Arkansas Library Association Board Member
Presentations, Classes Taught
- Clinical Practice and Decision Support, Woods Hole, MA, June 2, 2012
- The Filter Bubble and Research eTech@Noon, at UAMS, May 17, 2012
- Public Health Resources and Updates from the UAMS Library, at UAMS, March 13, 2012
- RefWorks Citation Management, at UAMS, January 24, 2012
- Co-Instructor for “Technical Writing for Librarians”, Approved for 4 CE hours from the Medical Library Association, South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, October 15, 2011, Baton Rouge, LA
- Staying on Top of the Literature: Customizing Auto Alerts and RSS Feeds, UAMS, September 14, 2010
- Google Docs eTech@Noon, UAMS, August 26, 2010
- Google Docs UAMS Teaching with Technology Conference, UAMS, July 22, 2010
- Co-Instructor for "Staying on Top of the Literature", 19th Annual UAMS Professional Development Day, November 20, 2009
- Free Means Free: An Overview of Open Source Technologies, Arkansas Libraries Paraprofessionals Conference, Petit Jean, May 11, 2010
- $1,500 SCAMeL Professional Development Exchange Award funding travel to the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. Awarded March 2013.
- $1,000 SCAMeL Professional Development Exchange Award funding travel to Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Library in Shreveport, LA. Awarded February 2012.
- $5,000 Express Outreach Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region funding health information centers at the Mexican Consulate and 12th Street Community Clinic
- $1,000 Sewell Stipend funding membership, registration, and travel to the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting. Awarded August 11, 2010.
- $1,000 SCAMeL Professional Development Exchange Award funding travel to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Library. Awarded March 15, 2010.
- BioMedical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow - Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. Sponsored by the National Library of Medicine. Certificate, Spring Course, 2012.
- Master of Arts in Information Science and Learning Technologies.
University of Missouri - Columbia, May 2005.
- Bachelor of Arts in History.
University of Missouri - Kansas City, December 2002